10 things to help you begin to believe in yourself again!
Believe in Yourself Again
There are times in life when things don’t go our way. Times when we meet with failure, defeat, fear and insecurity. And when that happens, we start to doubt ourselves. We start to doubt our ability to make our dreams come true, we start to doubt our worth, we start to doubt the people around us and we start to doubt whether we will ever feel safe and secure in this world. Here is a list of 10 things to start doing that may help you begin to believe in yourself again!
1. Make peace with where you are. Understand that this situation/feeling is temporary. Make pace with everything that brought you to this moment. Understanding all the twists and turns that brought you to this moment is the first step in having the strength and courage to begin a new journey.
2. Trust that life will never give you more than you can handle. How do you choose to look at things? If you shift your mindset you will soon realize that life will never give you more than you can handle. Choose to see the blessings in every day events. Treasure the moments because soon they will be gone.
3. Trust yourself. You have all the courage, wisdom and strength to understand each moment. Once you can trust who you are and all that you stand for...each moment of the day becomes a bit brighter and easier to navigate. Learn to lean on yourself and trust that your soul will guide you.
4. Put the past away you don’t live there anymore. The past is in the past and should be left there. Let go of what happened in the past, let go of any guilt, blame and resentment you might be holding on to and allow yourself to move forward without the past weighing you down. Don’t let the past define your present and most importantly, your future.
5. Forgive yourself. Forgive yourself of any mistakes, poor decisions, bad choices, and any misjudgments. This is so hard to do...I know... you keep reliving the mistakes, the errors and each time you do that you create an unhealthy environment in your heart, your mind and your soul. Love yourself enough to say, “I’m sorry” and “I forgive you!” Now move on.
6. Create your life from the present moment. From where you stand today... look forward and see where you want to go and chart that course. Create mile markers for yourself.. small wins... small but mighty victories. Move in a forward direction...one step at a time... just keep moving and remember to cheer for yourself at each mile marker on this journey.
7. Be a wise student. Learn from each encounter, each experience. Find the take away message....the lesson in the moment. Be open to “hearing” the message.
8. Appreciate it all. Be thankful, be grateful for all you have and for being just who you are meant to be... YOU!
9. Never stop moving. Although the journey may seem long and impossible to achieve...just keep moving...keep looking forward and never stop to look back. No journey was ever completed without a few twists and turns...just don’t get side tracked. Always look at what’s right in front of you. Those are the moments that create happiness.
10. Let life guide you. So learn to relax. Let go of all your expectations about how things should be and about how your life should unfold, and allow life to surprise you. Allow life to guide you in the direction you are meant to go and not in the direction you think you should go. Be open to all the possibles and potentials that life has to offer. And remember that what is right in front of you is meant to be there!
Enjoy the ride my friend and learn to believe in yourself again!